Friday, February 25, 2005

Death

Nowadays when I read the newspaper I actually look for gory stories that deal with murder. It becomes so common that I am actually disappointed when there are no horrible stories to read. Now you may think that I am some kind of sick person who enjoys reading these stories. Well I don't enjoy them. But the weird thing is that it becomes a part of my reading material as Malaysia is so full of these horrible murders - stabbing, raping, sodomizing, burning, strangling, slashing, beating- these are just some of the words that describe these terrible crimes. What is happening to our country? I use to be able to cycle any where I want to in TTDI even at night. Now forget it. Who should be blamed? Western influences? Please that's a road taken and let's not blame others for our mistakes. So what has caused our society to deteriorate so badly?

No comments: